Built as a timber manager’s residence in 1897, this 11-room home consists of one main section and two wings. It has six verandahs. In the main section each room has its own fireplace and at the bottom of the two chimneys below the house are two cellars. At one time two gardeners were employed to care for the grounds surrounding the house.
Built by the Canning Jarrah Timber Company, the house was sold in 1928 to Mr Joe Zagami who sold it in turn to Tom and Enid Hall in 1959.
The Hall family of five children, Lesley, Jeffery, Michael, Ross and Kim grew up in this house during the 1960’s and 1970’s, attending the school at Wellington.
The home is now the private residence of Michael and Margaret Hall. The house underwent an extensive renovation in 2019 to address structural issues and return the home to its former glory.